Nidhi Kapoor is a very successful, second generation film star. Her success has eclipsed even her father’s, who came out of nowhere to become the first real superstar in India. Apart from tremendous success that Kapoors have enjoyed over the past three decades, they have a few skeletons in their closet that they fiercely guard and don’t want the world to know of.
Prakash Mohile is a decorated and gritty policeman in Mumbai. He is responsible for protection of assorted VIPs in Mumbai including politicians, businessmen and filmstars. His mother separated from his father when he was still a child. Has no real ambitions in life other than ending a day with his bottle of JD once he is back home. Even though he’s been away from his father for a long time, Prakash still wants to get back with him and live with him.
Rujuta Singh is a freelance photo-journalist working on an assignment to chronicle the lives of Mumbai policemen for an international publication. She doesn’t know who her parents are and has been raised by her aunt, Tarana. Tarana is an erstwhile bar dancer and has numerous patrons. She is working with Prakash on the Nidhi Kapoor case and in hunt for shots that would make her photo essay compelling.
The other characters in the story, in alphabetical order, are…
- Naveen Verma, Neelima’s brother and Nidhi’s business manager
- Neelima Verma Kapoor, Nidhi’s mother and a former actress
- Nishant Kapoor, Nidhi’s father and a big superstar of his time
- Payal Kapoor, Nidhi’s sister, friend and confidante
- Praveen Tambe, Prakash Mohile’s sidekick
- Preeti Singh, lead actress with Nishant Kapoor in his last film
- Shankar Rao Joshi, Commissioner of Police, Mumbai Police
- Tarana, Rujuta’s aunt
- Vicky Taluja, A second-generation film producer
- Unidentified assailant, the person who wants to harm Nidhi
- And a few more…